Friday, June 19, 2009

I DID IT! YEAH ME!

I lost another 9 pounds bringing it to a total of 46 pounds lost never to be found again. Another thing I found out when I went to the Doctor's was that my liver functions are back to normal, A1C is 6.7 which for someone with Diabetes is an great number. My other test were great except my cholesterol which was a tiny bit too high, but based on my diabetes medicine it was to be expected so I just need to take a new medicine to help bring it down and keep on working out, eating right and generally watching my Carb intake because it is all about the carbs in food and not the sugar. I had taken a Diabetes Education class last week and boy was it ever very informative and I learn a lot of things that I never knew and had some old things brought up to date.

Most of the people who were the educators in the class all had diabetes or have been working in this field for a long time, they just returned back from the diabetes conference in New Orleans and were able to inform us of the newest discoveries and guess what there wasn't that many. The main focal points are the same as they have always been. Diet, exercise, take your meds and lose weight.

I want to thank all my friends and family members for supporting me and loving me as they do as well as Heavenly Father for showing me that I am somebody.

3 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC!!! I am so proud of you. I was so pleased when you called and said you had clothes to give away that were too big for you. You've obviously been working really hard and it pays off. And Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so wonderful!!!! Next time I see you you just going to be a skinny mini! And Kudos for your great AIc scores and tests!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, I'm so happy for you. I knew you were going to make your goal.

    ReplyDelete