Monday, November 8, 2010

Teenagers

UUGGHH! I am having so many difficulties with my youngest son right now that I just want to SCREAM! He is pushing his limits with me to the very end of a short rope right now. I have gotten so many emails and phone calls from teachers about his performance or lack of in class, or his clowning around in class, not doing homework, making inappropriate comments or just being disruptive. What am I going to do??? He hates seminary, church, boy scouts, school, me, his life. I know that each child is different and we need to treat them as so, but why was Steven so easy and Shawn so difficult? He talks to me as if he is annoyed that I even have the audacity to speak to him. He has not respect for anyone but himself, he is very chauvinistic in his thoughts and actions (where he picked this up from I haven't a clue), it is beneath him to do anything that I ask and he feels that I should be his maid, chef and whatever else he deems beneath him to do. What can I do, say, what? When I tell people about it they are shocked that Shawn would be like that and I tell them you only see what he wants you to see. I am at my wits end with this child.

1 comment:

  1. After your last couple of posts I wanted to tell you a little bit about myself.
    In my junior year of high school I was miserable. I hated everything and everyone. I slept most of the time, unless I was being forced to be somewhere I didn't want to be. I didn't retaliate, but then again I'm not a boy either. The point is I went through it, but ended up in a better place because of it.
    Sometimes kids go through things like this. I pray for you to have guidance and patience from God. And I will be praying for your son.
    Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete