Monday, March 16, 2009

What a name---Julie's Joint

How did I come up with Julie's joint? Well last fall (2008) I was helping to run the concession stand for the Football season and the boosters club president said next year this will be Julie's Joint so I guess it just stuck in my mind. If I could have had my way growing up I would be in business for myself right now with a little restaurant or cafe and I would love to have it named Julie's Joint. Now you might ask what would Julie's Joint serve? Well, I would have some serious home cooked food like pot roast with mashed potatoes, carrots and gravy. A meatloaf, with roasted potatoes and some green vegetable, maybe a great sandwich or two with homemade salad of some kind. Who knows the possibilities are endless. I would have my friend Joanne so all the baking cause she is some kind of baker. I make a mean cheesecake, but Jo makes everything else under the sun and then some. I have tried to replicate her recipes but they just don't taste the same. I like to cook for people but just don't have the time to do it lately but when I do let me know if you want to come to dinner some time and we will make it a date!

2 comments:

  1. You are making me hungry! Sounds good to me. If you ever open a "Julies Joint" I will have to become a regular patron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want pot roast!!! That blog did sound very extra yummy!

    ReplyDelete