Thursday, April 16, 2009

Update on losing weight

So yesterday I went for my 3 month check up for my Diabetes II progress. But first let me back up to my January visit. I went in and found out that i had lost more weight (see previous posting) and had my blood drawn (gross) which occurs at every visit and I waited and waited and waited to hear about my results. Since I had not heard anything from my doctor I just naturally figured that everything was fine. Boy was I wrong about that! She told me that she was so upset about the results that she was scared to call me. Due to the fact that I had been losing weight my AC1 should have been going down and it was not, so we sat down and figured out what was wrong and adjusted my Actos medicine which is one of my diabetic pills. so we are hoping that with this adjustment that things will go back down. So now we wait until we get the results from this round and hoping everything is going the way it should. In case you didn't know your AC1 levels should be a 7 or below and this is how they know that your sugar levels (insulin) are functioning properly. Well back to the up date I have lost another 5 lbs so that makes a total of 30 lbs lost so far. I am hoping to lose 45 lbs by the time I am 45 in June, but that will take an intense amount of working out and eating about 700-1000 calories a day and that my friends is like just eating nothing all day. But if I can at least lose 5-10 lbs til then I will be happy. I need to start increasing my work outs more and I know I can do it but I am the type of person who has to have someone come to my house and drag me out to do more than I already do. Any volunteers? Anyone? Oh well if you want to volunteer just let me know.

4 comments:

  1. Man, I so would have been there dragging you out of bed..... now that I am thousands of miles away, i guess it makes it a bit hard. Good job tough on your so far success. That is no easy accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful that you are still losing. I have wanted to ask but I have learned that is not a very polite question. Keep going, you are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing that you've already lost 30 pounds this year! Wow! I'm sure you can lose 5-10 more by June! What do you like to do for your workouts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to walk and I have a workout that a fitness trainer showed me how to do at the gym, but I hate going to the gym by myself.

    ReplyDelete