Wednesday, May 6, 2009

411 for all who might be interested

Well it has been about 2 weeks since I started insulin shots and in that two week period I have felt so good. I mean I am actually sleeping all night long and waking up in a good mood and believe me that has not happened in a long time. My kids have said to me that now I am to cheery in the morning and they can't handle it. I told to get used to it cause it's gonna continue for a long time. I have even gone back to the gym and started to work out again, I am feeling the pain of not working out as much as I used to (been walking on the treadmill at home)but it is helping me to get my sugars under control. My sugar readings have gone down and a few times it has been between 80-110 which is where a normal blood reading should be.

My son Shawn has been playing in a HC Lacrosse league through the park and rec here in Howard County Maryland and loving every minute of it. At least until Monday night when a kid from the other team tripped him up and he fell real hard and fast on his shoulder and now it is separated. I think he loves all the attention he is getting especially from the girls, but I made him sleep with out the sling on last night so that he could get some motion going to his shoulder. He woke up this morning and said that it wasn't as painful to move this morning. I told him that in order for it to heal you need to move it around a little each day so you don't lose the range of motion of your shoulder but not to go to extremes. He loves playing Lacrosse and hopes that he will be able to play the last few games (me to). He has stated that he wants to continue to go to practice and the games so that he can support his team. I thought that was very nice of him to still want to be there for the other kids and very sportsman like as well.

Now on to Steven---what can I say about him. He is such a nice kid and he loves his job working at Ritas ice in Harpers Choice village center. He had brought his grades up in school and he has informed me that he does not want to play Lacrosse next year and I told him that was his decision. He was promised lots of things but they have not been delivered so i do not blame him for not wanting to play. I can't believe that he will be graduating from High School next year and Shawn will be starting high school. YIKES.

I hope you all have a great and blessed life, til next time PEACE OUT!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better with the insulin! It's sounds like you're doing great with the exercising as well! I saw Shawn at YM/YW last night and wondered what happened to him--hopefully he heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete