Friday, August 13, 2010

Goodness

I am at my wits end on trying to get my 17 year-old to follow my directions. He thinks because he is a "High School Graduate" soon to be "College Student" that he can just come and go as he pleases and do what ever he wants. Well sorry son you can't and if you don't like it tough! I told him if he is living in my home he has to follow my rules---well that lasted all of one day. So I told him that when he turns 18 he can start paying room and board, move out on his own or follow my rules living in my house eating my food and using my utilities. That got him to thinking that he better settle down. I also told him that he needs to maintain a 3.0 average in College or he will have to pay for it for himself. It may seem that I am being overly strict and demanding, but I grew up with no boundaries in my life and feel that if I had some that I could have done better for myself. I lived on my own since I was 18 and I want better for my kids and more for them out of life than what I had. I love my boys with all of my heart and soul but all kids need boundaries in life.

The past few months have been a whirlwind of emotions, struggles and some accomplishments but it seems the accomplishments are getting farther and farther apart. I need to just purge all the junk from my home and life and I get more frustrated each and every day that I put it off. I am going to just have to stop procrastinating and bite the bullet and get rid of all the junk. As my friend the lovely mother of all children says "I choose" and I need to choose what is best for me. Thank you oh lovely Mother of All, love you to pieces.

2 comments:

  1. Boundaries are not a bad thing. I also moved out at 18. If I just would have listened I could be where I am, a long time ago. You did great with giving him all the options. Great job! Don't be so hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Krista. You are awesome and shouldn't be so hard on yourself! Take a step back and just look at your boys. So, they aren't perfect, but they are doing pretty dang good! I am proud of them AND you!!!

    ReplyDelete