Thursday, January 8, 2009

Loving others kids

I just love playing with other people's children. I can spoil them rotten and then give them back to their parents. On Tuesday night the youth of our church did one big birthday party for all the kids birthdays for the year with a white elephant gift exchange. While they were doing their opening ceremonies I was in the hallway and my friend Kelly came walking down the hall with her three adorable kids. I shouldn't have favorites but you know their is always one that grabs your heart and with her children it is Heidi. She is the cutest dirty blonde, blue eyed girl. Heidi always seems to like to play with me every time I see her and we have a great time, in fact all of her kids are great kids. They are very well behaved kids every time I see them and they are very smart as well. I think Kelly and Ed are doing a great job raising them.

I also have many other favorite kids of my friends as well and with each of them they have their own special thing about them that I love. I always seem to like the babies of the family, for instance their is my Connor, Moses, Morgan, Shannon and many many others that I just love being around and they are (for the most part) the babies of the families.

Just like adults each kid has their own special thing about them that makes then unique. Moses is very shy but flirty, Connor is rambunctious, Morgan and Shannon are very out going and will let you know when you are not paying enough attention to them. I could go on and on about many other things and kids but I think I will go on to the White Elephant exchange now.

It was so much fun to watch what the kids brought in from around their houses for this exchange, for instance there was a moose that pooped jelly beans, a green alien, fanny pack, electric socks, faux animal print fur hat and bag, cup of noodles, twizzlers, a Clint Eastwood movie, gerber gradutes microwave meal and many other thins. The looks on some of the kids faces was priceless. They even had two pinatas for the youth to hit with candy in it. I had some of the much younger kids with me watching it and when they opened the pinatas I made sure that they were able to get some of the candy and goodies from it and the kids really enjoyed that.

2 comments:

  1. This is great! No wonder kids like you...YOU love them! You are wonderful. Thanks for inviting me to your blog. I will be watching for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie for all the nice things that you said. You are a sweet person! and the kids love that about you.

    ReplyDelete