Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Temple

Well today the youth of our church are going to the Washington DC Temple to do baptisms for the dead. I have a few names that are going to be done by my boys of my relatives some that I had never gotten to know and a few that I did know. I also have some names that need to have other ordinances done. I love going to the Temple and when I am there it is so nice to leave all my cares at the front door, I am so relaxed when I leave that I don't ever want to go out the door. I know once I leave all the cares I left at the door will still be there, but I know that I have gained a lot of insight as to what I need to do to get rid of them. At times I wonder how I will ever get ahead and then when I do get a little ahead it seems that I have more trials waiting for me or the ones I thought I had gotten rid of seem to have grown larger. I like going with Ron but I love when I get to go with just the "girls" and we have such a great time together. I need to go more often to the Temple and I hate going by myself, I love the drive down to be able to talk to someone but with our busy lives and the fact that I can only go after 5 PM or on Saturday is hard for me to find someone to go with. But I know that I need and I have made a promise with God that I will go more often in 2009 so I just need to get my rear in gear and go! So if anyone who is able to go wants to go in the evening sometime just let me know.

I remember the first time I went to the Temple I cried after wards and was so happy that so many friends of mine came and that they showed how much they really loved me and with all that I have been through in my life it is nice to know that I have so many great friends and if you are one that cam to my first session just know that I thank you so much and love each of you dearly.

1 comment:

  1. I love to go to the temple too! I completely agree with what you said! I was sad to miss the youth temple trip this time as I'm still in Utah visiting my parents!

    ReplyDelete