Tuesday, February 17, 2009

They Grow up so Fast!

It seems like yesterday that Steven was just born but alas time sure flies by. He is now sixteen and yesterday he went on a job interview and he got his first job. A big SOB to me that my first born is starting to take on some responsibility in his journey to become an adult. I can remember when he used to love Barney and the Bananas in Pajamas. Then along came the Power Rangers, the red one was his favorite then legos, video games (he still loves his video game)and now it's girls, driving, a job and then comes college, a mission, more college, GULP marriage and then babies. I sure am gonna miss my baby. I can also remember my favorite photo of him, he is sitting on my bed holding his stuffed pig my friend Kim noble gave to him when he was born and he was bald headed with the biggest grin on his face (remind me to show it to you sometime). He loved his pig, which by the way he still has in his closet but don't let him know I told you about it.

Just this morning Shawn and I were talking and he asked if he could get a cell phone and I told him not until he was 16 like his brother. I jokingly told him since he was only 12 he had a long way to go. Which he promptly reminded me he was 13 and would soon be 14. Nope I said you will always be my baby and therefore you will be 12 forever not going to happen being a teenager. He drives my crazy sometime with his teenage attitude. Sigh, like I said they grow up so fast so cherish your children each and every day as one day soon they will not be around. I guess i will have to adopt everyone's kids as my own soon.

3 comments:

  1. Gosh Julie, you brought me to tears. I agree, it happens way too fast. Too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They certainly do grow up fast but before you know it the grandkids come and more joy!!!!! Where did Steven get a job?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steven got a job at Rita's in Harpers Choice Village Center

    ReplyDelete