Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bridal Shower

WOW is all I can say. I have some truly wonderful, amazing, awesome, fantastic and lovely friends. They gave me a bridal shower last night and I was truly amazed and awed by how many people came for me. I am not used to having so many people shower me with such love. I was up much later than my usual bed time (9-9:30 PM) looking at all the wonderful gifts that people gave to Ron and I for our new home that we will be making together.

Of course we played a game as I was opening the gifts and of course I was slightly embarrassed by some of the questions that were asked. By it was all in the sense of fun so it was nice. They had the most beautiful cake that was done in dark and light purple colors with a beautiful flower arrangement on top that Regina did. They had dark and light purple M&M's as well. I felt truly well loved.

I took my future MIL and she had a great time and said that she would have to come to more functions that I invite her to since she felt like a part of the group. YEAH! Thanks to all my friends for making her feel so welcome. She doesn't always feel comfortable with people but she laughed and felt at home.

Knowing what truly awesome people I have in my life makes me get more excited about my upcoming wedding than the scared feeling that has seem to be taking over. What a blessing it is to have such wonderful people in my life and in my boys life as well.

4 comments:

  1. YEA! You make it easy to love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, you are so blessed. You are in a good place and you deserve all the love, attention and pampering! You are a wonderful person and Ron is very fortunate to have you as his wife-to-be. I am happy to hear that Carol had a great time. I hope she goes to more functions with you. She fits in. Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Nicole I am truly blessed by the friends that I have found in the church. I miss you guys too. Especially your beautiful happy children.

    ReplyDelete