Wednesday, March 24, 2010

YIPEE!

Steven just accepted at SVU (Southern Virginia University) and on top of that he received scholarships as well. The Lord has and is blessing this family in so many ways these days. He is so Wonderful! Steven was so excited that I swear he was smiling in his sleep last night because this morning he got up and got ready for Seminary and school with no grumbling or hassles and actually got to eat breakfast before he left instead of as he is walking out the door.

Now comes the fun part to figure out how much grant money he gets etc. Well with him we will know what to expect when Shawn gets to this point. On another note, we finally received the date for Steven's graduation which is June 2, 2010 at 12:00 Noon. I can't believe that he is old enough to graduate from High School and then going off to College, then the next thing you know he will be leaving on his mission. Which he wants to go to Australia for.......my baby is growing to fast. Sigh. To all you parents out there don't let your babies grow up. Keep them small for as long as you can. I just know my heart is going to be breaking when I have to take him to college, of course you know I am going to cry and have many sleepless nights for a while.

4 comments:

  1. I don't envy where you are. I'm watching my "little ones" get way too big, WAY too fast. I know I will be where you are now before I can blink. It's just too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for everything that's happening for you, Julie! Your boys are really amazing young men and it is because you are such a great mom. You have such a strong testimony and do a wonderful job of teaching the gospel to your sons.

    I just caught up on your last several posts. We can't wait for the wedding. You will be beautiful and I know everything will turn out just fine. Can I help with anything?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me check with Kim Bryant and I will let you know. Thanks for the comment, I think you are a truly gifted and talented person and you have a great family.

    ReplyDelete