Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Not Far Now Papa Smurf!

Well it is a month away that I will be married in the Temple for all time and eternity to the love of my life. On Sunday I had my interview with President Johnson for my temple recommend to get married in the Temple and I love talking to him. He is a very profound man and he is wise beyond his years. Some people say that he intimidates them, but I for one don't think that. He gave me some great wisdom to think about and adhere to before and after I am married. As each day goes by I think and reflect on what he told me and I can't help but smile as I ponder the scriptures and his words seem to reflect themselves in what I am reading.

I went and had my yearly eye exam so that I could have contacts for my wedding. I had contacts many years ago but with trying to deal with two babies it was too difficult to do on a daily basis when I could just slip on my glasses. Ron told me that I looked good in contacts and coming from him makes me feel special since he does not give compliments very easily. I text my son Steven and he said nice, I told him that "your momma looks HOT" he was laughing and knowing him he had a big smile on his face and the people around him were wondering what he was laughing and smiling about.

So back to the wedding, I can't wait I am getting more and more excited as well as nervous each day that it gets closer. One of the best things (besides marrying Ron) is that my favorite cousin, my fathers oldest living sister, my favorite brother, my niece and her mom and my college roommate are all coming for the wedding. Not to mention all my sisters in Christ are doing an amazing awesome job with helping me to prepare for the event. I am so glad that I have them in my life, they are WONDERFUL WOMEN OF CHRIST!

2 comments: